Grain reception, storage, processing and preparation complex automation
Automated grain reception, storage, preparation and processing complex consists of several branches:
- Department of feedstock weighing and receiving from road transport (carrying capacity up to 30 t);
- Feedstock storage silos(concrete – volume about 20 thousand m3, metal – volume about 50 m3);
- Dryers unit (capacity – 15 t/h 40 t/h 50 t/h).
Main purpose of the complex is effective storage of the product, and provision of an oil extraction plant raw material for the manufacture of oil – sunflower seeds and soybeans. The versatility of the system allows to accept for storage and other bulk culture
- Client JSC "Zaporizhstal"
- Skills Automation
- Website https://www.zaporizhstal.com
Project Starting Date
Feedstock weighing and receiving unit
Consists of truck scales (load capacity 30 tons), unloader, transport mechanisms (conveyors and bucket elevators) and aspiration systems. Unloading and reception process is performed in the local mode, in coordinartion with overall management system and is displayed on the screen of the operator automated workplace.
Grain storage consists of few units:
- silo type metal storage;
- working elevator tower.
Both storages have transport equipment (conveyors, bucket elevators) and the mechanisms of the feedstock directed flow (rocker valves, gate valves). Technological routes and equipment control system is constructed the way that ensures uninterrupted plant feedstock supply in case of emergency on any production line. System of mechanism control allows to pump the feedstock from one storage to another. The storage is equipped with top-level and temperature sensors and ventilation.
Dryer unit is designed for drying of high moisture content feedstock – if there is no way to dry it by means of storage ventilation. Feedstock supply and selection is done by the transport mechanisms (conveyors, norias). If it is impossible to reduce feedstock moisture content in one dryer pass, drying process can be looped until desired moisture content is reached with the help of reversible valve.
Control system is equipped with one operator workstation. It is flexible and can be performed remotely from the operator workstation or from local control mechanisms (in the case of production necessity or emergency situations).
Advantages of the implemented control system of the grain reception, storage, prepararion and processing:
- full operational process display;
- optimization of the process control system;
- control of storage feedstock filling;
- feedstock temperature and moisture level control;
- equipment process control;
- alarm signals of equipment stopping/locking ;
- simplification of abnormal situation causes search;
- equipment and machinery flexibility – ability to work in manual mode in case of emergency – for the smooth operation of the complex.
Structure of the work done:
- Project documentation for technological automation section, power equipment;
- Design documentation for the automation system cabinets:
- Technological automation cabinet (based on SIMATIC PLC S7-400);
- Cabinets of remote input/output signals (stations of distributed input/output ET-200M, analog and digital modules of input/output);
- motor control cabinets (automatic switches for motor protection, contactors, automatic and manual control schema);
- local cabinets of control mechanisms (control cabinets of rocker valves and gates, fan control and stripping screws silos).
- Introductory and power distribution cabinets design documentation;
- Assembling and installation of cabinets for automation system, electricity input and distribution;
- Installation of cabling and wiring of power and data circuits;
- Development and adjustment of plant control software based on TIA Portal (STEP7 and SCADA system Win CC);
- Adjustment works, staff training and commissioning of automation system.