Boiler automation for biofuel combustion (sunflower husks)
Boiler is designed to provide plant technological system with the steam (steam dryers, steam conditioning, filtration line , extraction unit). Sunflower husk is used as a fuel, which is the main waste product of the oil extraction plant.
Main technological equipment of the boiler is divided into several subsystems with separate control systems:
- water treatment subsystem;
- boiler control subsystem;
- precipitator control subsystem.
By means of transport equipment sunflower husk enters through the intermediate hopper the solid fuel boiler, where it is burned. Prepared feed water enters the boiler, where it becomes steam, which is used for production needs. Cleaning of flue gases is carried out by electrostatic precipitator. Dust, which is caught by the precipitator and products of combustion move to the ash hopper.
Given process control systems is a top level automation system, which provides control, display, interchange and archiving of the whole boiler control process. It is shown on the boiler operator screen.
- Client JSC "Zaporizhstal"
- Skills Automation
- Website https://www.zaporizhstal.com
Project Starting Date
Feedstock weighing and receiving unit
Water treatment subsystem
Preparation of feed water is an integral part of the process of any boiler. Source water is filtrated, deionized and degassed. Separate stages of this process can be done different technological ways. LLC “Agroprominvest 08” steam boiler has chemical water treatment line with the separate control system.
Boiler control subsystem
The main element of the steam boiler is a solid fuel boiler, designed for the biofuel combustion (sunflower husk). Particular features of burning this type of fuel require special boiler operating mode. Boiler supplying system is manufactured by JSC “Biysk boiler factory” and meets all necessary requirements.
Precipitator control sybsystem
As a result of fuel combustion flue gases are formed in the boiler furnace, which have to be pre-treated before discharging to the atmosphere. Boiler-houses and thermal power plants use electrostatic filters as the treatment facilities, which precipitate the dust under the action of electrostatic field. The electrostatic precipitator comes with its own electrical system and control system.
Advantages of the implemented steam boiler control system:
- full boiler workflow display of all subsystems;
- sensors data collecting and processing, and transfer of key performance indicators to the operator display;
- automated major boiler systems performance monitoring, including security systems;
- alarm in case of emergency situations;
- ability of quick reaction and control actions performance in automatic mode to prevent emergency situation diffusion;
- recording, archiving and storing of the process data of abnormal situations and operator actions.
Scope of work done:
- Development of power supply project documentation;
- Development of project documentation for power electrical equipment and process automation;
- Manufacturing of electrical equipment, according to the project parts:
- automation and input/output signal cabinets (on the basis of Siemens equipment);
- cabinets of technological equipment and machinery control (on the basis of equipment of Siemens, Eaton);
- cabinets and power input and distribution of electricity (on the basis of equipment of Siemens, Eaton, ABB);
- Installation of cabinets for the system of automation, input and distribution of electricity;
- Installation of cabling systems, wiring of power and data circuits;
- Development and adjustment of software for complex control(TIA Portal STEP7 and HMI package(SCADA-system TRACE MODE 6);
- Integration into the general system of technological equipment automation:
- control system of chemical water treatment line;
- control system of solid fuel boiler;
- control system of electrostatic precipitator flue gas treatment;
- Commissioning, training and maintenance of the facility.